Access Statement for Ha'penny House
We aim to cater for the needs of those that visit Ha'penny House. Both Carolyn and Roy have attended Welcome Hosts and Welcome Host International courses. Because the B&B accommodation is on the first floor of the building and we do not have a stair lift we regret that our accommodation is unsuitable for wheelchair users who are unable to climb the stairs. The fire escape is down the same set of steps.The whole house is controlled by an integral fire alarm system including fire extinguishers on each floor's corridor.The house has full central heating by adjustable thermostats on the radiators.
- We are a 12-15 minute walk (3 minute car drive) from the village centre along quiet residential footpaths (roads for the cars)
- We are 3.5 miles from the nearest railway station at New Milton which is on the Waterloo to Weymouth line. London is less than 2 hours away
- There are a number of local taxi services that have accessible taxis if required.We can supply contact numbers so that you may make a booking if required
- There is an infrequent bus service from New Milton railway station to a bus stop 300metres from Ha'penny House
- Our web site www.hapennyhouse.co.uk provides further information about the services we supply
- You can contact us by telephone or email. Please see the contact us section of our website for full details
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can ensure that we are here to greet you.
- Access to our off-road parking is via a drop kerb pavement. The car parking area is gravelled and not suitable for wheelchairs.
- There is parking available for 5 cars at the front of the house.
- We offer assistance with guests' luggage if required.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
- There is one step up into the front porch area that leads through the front door into the hallway. It is well lit.
- There is an alternative entrance down the side of the house ,which is used by the guests in the event the front door is locked. This has three steps up to it. There is an outside light here.
- The hallway leads to the staircase up to the first floor where all our guest rooms are situated.
- En route there is an inner hallway area where tourist information and literature is on display.
- The whole house is centrally heated with adjustable radiators throughout.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
- The whole house is carpeted throughout including the stairs.
- There are seventeen stairs up to the first floor with a half-landing after fourteen stairs.There is a three stair turn after the first two stairs.There is a handrail on each side up the stairs.
- All bedrooms lead off the upper corridor and large landing . It is well lit.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- The dining room is accessed from the entrance hallway.
- There is one large communal table seating eight persons.There are six chairs without arms and two carver chairs with arms.
- Cooked breakfasts are served by the proprietors with the starters being on a self-service basis. Given sufficient notice vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and other diets can be catered for. Menus are provided in the dining room,bedrooms and reception area in the hallway.
- The guest lounge is opposite the dining room and has a two seater settee, one three seater settee and a single chair. This is an oval coffee table with various items of period furniture. There is both soft wall lighting and a main bright centrepiece light. There is an open fire which is lit when appropriate.A choice of reading material is on display.
- There is a large colour TV and an audio system for guest's use.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- There are two double bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms, one twin bedroom with ensuite bathroom and one double room with ensuite shower room.
- There is central heating throughout the house. Bedroom temperature is controlled by a thermostatic valve on the radiator in each bedroom
- All double beds are standard 1.37m wide and the single beds(in the twin room) are 0.90m wide.They all have hotel standard rated mattresses . Bed-linen comprises sheets,pillows(2 per person) and duvets although blankets can be substituted when requested.
- Each bedroom has a hospitality tray consisting of coffee (normal and decaf), tea (normal and herbal), hot chocolate, biscuits, individual milk cartons, kettle and a jug of water
- There is a radio alarm clock, flatscreen colour TV and DVD player in each room. A small video library is available for guest use
- Each room has a wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside tables
- There is a hairdryer, sewing kit and spare pillows in each room
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
- All ensuite bathrooms have a standard bath with a shower attachment over ,a toilet and a wash basin. They are fully tiled and have cushion flooring
- Both double room bathrooms have thermostatically controlled heated towel rails
- All bathrooms have a mirror, shelf and storage facilities. There is a shaver light in each bathroom
- Non-slip mats are present
- The shower in the ensuite shower room is electric powered with a shower curtain to partition it from the rest of the room
Grounds and Gardens
Guests are welcome to use the summerhouse and the rear garden when appropriate. It is accessed by a sloping pathway from the gravelled parking area at the rear of the house. There are two lounger type chairs as well plenty of standard folding chairs. There is mains electricity in the summerhouse providing power and lighting. The area around the summerhouse is paved with a grass area surrounding the patio.
- We are totally non-smoking
- We have wi-fi internet access facilities (passwords are given to guests upon request)
- Space in our fridges is available for medication etc
- Further information about emergency routines is displayed on the inside of each bedroom door
Maintain current five star status
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01590641210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Created: 23 January 2010